Monday, November 17, 2008

Color Challenges

I need to get better at this blogging thing. Maybe when my youngest in another year older and in preschool. So it's been a month since my last post and I still haven't gotten to the last PageMaps book challenge. I don't think my friend has either so we don't feel too guilty. I haven't done much creating in the last month. I did try some, but when I did, I couldn't get much together and that's always frustrating. The color challenges always give me a kick start. I also picked up a couple card sketches from the blogosphere recently that got the wheels turning too. Now if my 2 year old would just nap instead of figure out ways to get out of her crib tent, I might be able to do some more!

I created the following cards for Marjorie's color challenges (MCCx).

First Up: MCC35 - Goldrush, Creme Brulee, Sweet Leaf, Smokey Plum




You can't really tell in the picture, but I sprayed the card with Maya Road's Gold Metallic Mist. It's really cool! It adds a neat shimmer to the paper as if you bought it that way.


Next up: MCC36 -
Orange, Topiary, Pansy Purple, Sunflower and Black



I saw this really cute card on Jennifer McGuire's blog and wanted to try it out. I typically create the standard 4.25 x 5.5 inch card when cardmaking but I do like to try other folds and sizes every so often.

Supplies: Abudance Borders, Whoooo Loves You, Spot on Backgrounds and Hodge Podge Alpha sets. (All CTMH). I used my nestabilities for the scalloped circles and a black marker for the design inside the scallops on the front.

And the inside:



I've run out of time for posting. I'll try to come back before another month is up! Maybe tomorrow....

Thanks for coming by!
Happy Creating,
Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both adorable and so striking! I LOVE the owl card. It's my favorite so far.

Debbie

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Love these cards and the color combinations, especially the owl card...what a hoot! BTW: I haven't taken the plunge into nestabilities...suggestion for which one to get first? Thanks