Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blog Candy Inspired

There's nothing like some fun free crafting goodies to get the creative juices flowing! Marjorie is celebrating 40K hits on her blog with some blog candy. Not only do I follow her blog because of her color challenges, but she always posts such inspiring cards and layouts. She's a mommy of two young girls and it is inspiring to see how much creating she is able to do too...and post! So here is my card based on her sketch. It also uses the colors she posted for her last color challenge. I used (shhhh, don't tell anyone) a SU! stamp. I only have it 'cause my sister gave it to me for my birthday. :-)



All CTMH cardstock here with the SU! stamp (I think it's called Big on Christmas). I ran the Tulip cardstock through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder (love that folder!). I sanded the dots to expose the white core. I used a booking stamp set from a few years ago for the snowflakes on the Heavenly Blue CS and sanded the textured Ocean CS. I added some red and ocean ribbon that I probably got from Michael's and put an Outdoor Denim button on top. The stamped image is on pop dots to give the card some dimension.

Here is the sketch I followed in case you'd like to give it a try too.



Thanks for looking!
Happy Creating,
Kim

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

This is just darling!!! I actually love SU stamps, I just don't buy them because they are wood mounted and I am totally stamp challenged when it comes to wood mounted stamps, lol. Anyway, I lovey him, he's adorable!!! Thanks for playing hun, I have you down for the blog candy drawing ^_~

Jena said...

Cute card - and great job on the sketch! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who used her latest color challenge for her blog candy challenge too! TFS!